总统 & CALED行政总裁
Gurbax Sahota is an experienced association professional who believes in the importance 和 need to collaborate 和 create meaningful partnerships in order to accomplish the goal of creating healthy, 富有的社区. She turns this belief into action by bringing together 和 leading multiple organizations aligned with the goal of helping businesses thrive in California. Gurbax在CALED担任高级职务, 澳门皇冠国际官方APP经济发展学院, 和澳门皇冠国际官方APP企业发展局. 古尔巴克斯正在利用她对深思熟虑的领导的承诺, 组织研究知识, 和 her communications background to deliver on the missions of these organizations, 以确保他们的业务繁荣和可持续发展, 并在CALED建立一个高效的团队.
作为总统 & 四季的首席执行官, she is focused on creating strategic partnerships to promote the value of economic development 和 create a stronger voice for economic developers at the state 和 local level. 另外, having raised funds 和 创建 sustainable financial practices for all three organizations, she has laid a strong foundation for CALED so we can continue to provide services 和 benefits to economic developers across the state.
她一直在澳门皇冠国际官方APP大学教育学院工作, Gurbax所做的, 创建, or had a significant role in most of our successes over the past sixteen plus years. 她的一些直接成就包括:
- Invigorated 澳门皇冠国际官方APP经济发展学院 (学院) from its minimal role a pass-through funding organization to a vibrant non-profit that has an active mission to support education, research 和 innovation in economic development 和 a budget to deliver on the goals approved by the Academy’s Board of Regents.
- Fostered the growth of the 澳门皇冠国际官方APP企业发展局(CEDA) by building 和 maintaining relationships with strategic business partners, as well as investing in the right support team to take advantage of new business opportunities as they become available, such as the development of CEDA’s Commercial PACE program.
- Originated 和 implemented the creation of meaningful publications to support economic development in California, 包括:
- Growing Thriving Rural Economic Development Corporations
- 领导发展 & launch of a California-specific Economic Development Certification – the Accredited California Economic Developer Certification (ACE)
- 发达 & identified funding for the Academy’s Memorial Scholarship Fund program.
- Brokered a partnership to create 和 share an economic development focused quarterly California economic snapshot
- Revived CALED’s advocacy role through the adoption of a board Legislative Action Policy, 成立立法行动委员会, 和 by contracting with a knowledgeable advocacy partner to create a strategic 和 effective approach that has led to multiple legislative successes since she was named CALED’s CEO.
Gurbax’s ability to build relationships has put CALED at the table to ensure California’s economic developers voice a role at the federal, 州和地方层面. She is happy to be part of the CALED team 和 a member of California’s economic development network.